Friday, August 13, 2010

A little thought.

You may choose to read this or not, basically what it's going to be is a little ramble. I just need to make sense of this.

So the great thing about blogging is that you're doing it for you (well I am, anyway) so there's no one to tell you to shut up. And the people who read what you write are the ones who want to read it. I feel selfish talking about fashion, art and things like that to my friends because I worry that they won't be interested, and may even think that I'm a total psycho for caring so, so much about those subjects. But with a blog it's like you talking to yourself. A blog is a reflection of what you are like on your own.

I think that there are two sides to a person- the person they are publically- like on facebook or with other people etc, and then the person that they are when they spend time alone. The first person I mentioned is like part of a team; when you're with people you have to talk about things that you're all interested in, so that it's fair, or something like that. It's only on your own that your true self is at it's maximum. I'm not saying that the public side of 'you' isn't the real 'you', it's just a dimmed version of what you are when you're alone. So I don't know if this makes any sense at all, but the bright light that you are when you're on your own is equal to the combined light of you + others when you're part of a group of people. Okay, that's confusing. It makes sense in my head!

I just think it's funny how people are scared to be completely themselves around other people. I admit to being scared. I'm not ashamed of who I am, I just know that if I start talking to a friend about fashion, it'll be a one-sided conversation. My four best friends are literally the best thing that ever happened to me, the best friends I have ever had. But I still need to find that person who I will be able to have a two- sided conversation with about fashion/art. The person who I can call after the livestream of a runway show to gab for hours with about how meaningful/beautiful/awful/strangea collection was. Right now, it's just me and my blog :)

Thanks if you read that, I think I made some sort of sense of what was clouding up my head. For now.

And now for a little random PING of happie-ness;



It's a little hard to see, but there was a complete circle rainbow around the sun today, in Mexico.

Emilie xo

5 comments:

  1. i agree. blogging's a good way to express yourself. my group of friends have their own interests, and i know i'll bore them if i ever try to rant about the things i'm passionate about. it's also a stress reliever. i keep one for personal issues i like to prattle about when i have no one to turn to. nice post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely,

    thanks so much for your comment :)
    Latitude was AMAZING - totally recommend you go next year; even without the great music! Temper Trap were definitely good live so totally go see them :)

    lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh i agree! i have a feeling people would think i was a bit superficial if i talked about it too much :P so yesss blogging is the way to go!
    that rainbow is amazing! :)
    Olivia x
    www.something-like-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so lovely.
    i find that blogging allows me to explore the things about myself i dont get to express publicly. like my writing. i can develop it and enjoy it without fear of criticism, copying or embarrassment. lovely post Sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gahhhhh Shane!!! i'm sorry for not being able to chat with you about fashion, but im always happy to listen to you! i know you love love love it so i will be happy to babble with you, just not very well :D as for art, you know i love it (just not the subject heheee)! chat with me!

    i love youuu xxxxxxxxx ♥

    ReplyDelete

I send you a big sweet thankyou ♥