Friday, March 12, 2010

Last glimpse of beauty

This is it, the last ever lot designed by the wonderful Lee Alexander McQueen.
Kind of ghostly, kind of uplifting, and definetly stunning.

All images from style.com



eeek- can I just obsess about those waistbands for a moment...


Boy, he could tailor a pair of trousers perfectly, so conformed on the bottom, then so crisp in a different way and origami-esque on top... this piece of art could rule the world.



Athenian goddess.. but also british old royals chic at the same time... Sarah Burton said, about when McQueen started this collection, "He wanted to get back to the handcraft he loved, and the things that are being lost in the making of fashion," I think that this dress represents this, it is purely craftmanship.





It says on style.com that he included aspects of his "milestone" collections, like that headthing on the left. I love how he made it all fit together... models in ballgowns, wearing swimming caps. It all sounds weird until you see that picture. What Anne Hathaway is wearing on the right is NOT McQueen, but Marc Jacobs. It's just when I first saw the dress in the middle, I immediately thought of it. The kind of top area of the Marc dress, the way it is pleated, kind of bears resemblance to the sleeves on the Mqueen dress. No? Maybe it's just me!




Hello you two, I would like to marry you both. (The dresses, I mean, not the models :/) I have no words, just perfection.





McQueen was a sleeve man..... He could work a sleeve.

Poetic romanticism!


Now this dress puts the Queen in McQueen. That was awful, I know.

I can't describe how sad I am that this is the end...
Lee Alexander McQueen I love you.

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning collection, an apt finale for an unforgettable designer.

    ReplyDelete

I send you a big sweet thankyou ♥