Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The date today is 20/10/2010! Oh my giddly gosh!

I haven't blogged in over a week! I've been so caught up in homework and going places etc that I haven't had time to do one of my favourite things- blog and read blogs! Soooo here's for a post that was supposed to happen a couple weeks ago;

I spent a Sunday in London going to both the Royal Academy and the British museum. Unfortunately I couldn't take pictures in the Royal Academy, not that photos could do justice to the beautiful paintings from the Treasures from Budapest exhibit I went to see. Most of the paintings were so stunning- the light and tones so perfect that a 2D painting would look 3D. A lot of still life and paintings of people, cupids etc were featured, so if you're into that kind of art and you're living around London, I strongly recommend you check it out!

So now some pictures from the British Museum, I was pretty fascinated by these tiny snuff bottles:



The blue petals are made from kingfisher feathers- so amazing!












Sorry about the crappy glass reflections in some of these photos!













I wish I had a better picture of the above bottle :(


Some other things that interested me:



I don't actually remember what this was- must've been some kind of ancient trunk or something, but it was all covered in tiny semi-precious stones. So beautiful.




(aghh ugly glass reflections!)







On the way out, my mom noticed these crazy wild mushrooms- I have never seen this many in the same place in the middle of London!









Now for a general update:

Last weekend I got to spend some time in London with Emma & Dom- my cousin and her boyfriend. It was so great to see them because they live in Australia, so the rare time I do spend with them is always special :). I got to take Monday off school to spend a final day with them, and we went to Liberty (also in London) to look at all the pretty clothes! My cousin is by far the chic-est person I know, and loves fashion as much as (if not more than) me, so having a conversation with her about all the things we love about models, photographers, clothes and just fashion in general was really wonderful <3 Dom is totally cool to hang with too, he has the best sense of humour :D. Perfect weekend!

Emilie xo

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures, those bottles are darling x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds lovely :)
    Olivia x
    www.something-like-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I send you a big sweet thankyou ♥